TIPS FOR BUYERS AND WHAT TO EXPECT
Choosing a REALTOR®
Of all the decisions you’ll face when buying a home, there’s none more important than the person you choose to represent you.
As your agent, it is my responsibility to support you in finding the right home with the best possible terms, and to aid you through the entire process. There are various milestones that take place throughout the transaction; I will familiarize you with the various steps, documents and procedures to assure we stay on path.
The C21 Advantage
- Over 60 years of service in Sonoma and Marin Counties – we are knowledgeable about the communities of interest to you. We are a locally founded brokerage with corporate reach and support.
- C21 Epic’s corporate team supports OUR agents, keeping aware of the complicated local and state requirements affecting your transaction.
- Effective in multi-party, face-to-face, and online negotiations.
- Highly-trained, with access to programs for continued learning and additional certifications.
- Supported by professional legal counsel.
Finding and Choosing the Right Home
Based on criteria that we establish together, I’ll help you find the perfect home. There are many factors to consider in selecting a property, including location, bedroom and bath count, schools, and amenities. We don’t hesitate to explore all the options.
As your firm, C21 Epic exercises our extensive community knowledge and professional resources to research available properties, and show you the homes that best meet your needs. If you find a property that interests you through the internet or your own research, let me know so that a showing can be arranged! As you view properties, your criteria may change – open communication and transparency help create successful transactions.
At your request, we partner you with one of our experienced mortgage lenders that’ll get you pre-approved for a loan before selecting a home to purchase. This process will help you:
- Determine the price range you can afford
- Understand the types of loans you qualify for
- Determine what your monthly payment will be
- Estimate the down payment and closing costs
Making an Offer
Once you have found the home that you wish to purchase, we’ll apply our professional experience and do all the necessary research to help you structure an effective offer.
This is where my negotiation skills come into play. Based on our discussions, the market conditions, and personal preferences we will negotiate the best possible terms for you. When an offer is made, the seller will have the option of accepting, rejecting or counter-offering.
We will draft the purchase agreement, advising you of protective contingencies, customary practices, and local regulations. Home warranty, title and escrow arrangements will be detailed in the offer. Although we are were to give you advice and information, it is your decision as to the exact price and terms that you wish to offer.
When the purchase agreement is accepted and signed by all parties, we will open escrow for you and your earnest money will be deposited. The escrow is a neutral third party that will receive, hold, and distribute all funds associated with your transaction.
What are typical Contingencies?
Prior to closing escrow, all of the contingencies of the Purchase Agreement must be met. Your Sales Associate will coordinate this process. Typical contingencies include:
- Approval of the Seller’s Property Disclosure Statement.
- Approval of the preliminary title report.
- Loan approval, including an appraisal of the property.
- Physical inspections of the property.
- Pest inspection and certification.
- Acquisition of homeowner’s insurance.
When all of the conditions of the purchase agreement have been met, you will sign your loan documents and closing papers. You will deposit the balance of your down payment and closing costs to escrow, and your lender will deposit the balance of the purchase price. The deed will then be recorded at the County Recorder’s office and you will take ownership of your home!